Welcome back to Your Dog Wants You To Know This!
Does our environment increase our risk of cancer?
This is the question that today’s guest, Dr. Lauren Trepanier, is working to answer and understand more fully.
I’m very excited to have her on the podcast to talk all about translational medicine.
Dr. Trepanier will be helping us to learn more about how to decrease cancer risk or why our dogs might have gotten cancer in the first place.
Dr. Trepanier is a professor of internal medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine. She’s assistant dean for clinical and translational research, has a PhD in pharmacology and she is board certified in both veterinary internal medicine and clinical pharmacology.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Understanding what leads up to the development of cancer
- Studies that Dr. Trepanier has done in the past
- Environmental elements that can affect cancer development
- Studies that Dr. Trepanier has coming up
- How these studies could also help us better understand cancer development in humans
- Research into bladder cancer in boxers
- What measuring chemicals in dogs can tell us about cancer development
- Why you should avoid using herbicides on your lawn
- Drinking filtered vs unfiltered water
There are so many things in our environment that have the potential to teach us more about why we get cancer and how to prevent it. I’m very grateful for amazing researchers like Dr. Trepanier who are helping us learn more and more.
Thanks for joining us for this discussion and don’t forget to check the resources mentioned if you are interested in Dr. Trepanier’s clinical trials.
Dr. Lauren Trepanier’s email address: [email protected]
How We Can Connect:
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other dog lovers like you to find the podcast!